Mid Atlantic District Office
Hensel Phelps’ Mid Atlantic District’s average annual revenue exceeds $500 million and includes projects for public, private and government clients.
Federal / Government:
The Mid Atlantic District has performed work at some of the most secure federal installations in the country and delivered a multitude of projects to the government that were designed and/or built to the most stringent of quality standards. This experience includes:
- a decade of superior performance at the Pentagon modernizing more than 4.5 million square feet of Wedges 2-5;
- more than $1 billion worth of projects associated with the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) program;
- and seven projects for the Smithsonian Institution encompassing $400 million, including the high-profile Steven F. Udvar Hazy National Air & Space Museum in Chantilly, Virginia, the world-class Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art & Portraiture / The Robert & Arlene Kogod Courtyard in Washington, DC and Asia Trail Phase 1 at the well-known National Zoological Park in Washington, DC.
This portfolio exceeds $5 billion and has yielded exceptional performance ratings from our owners.
Mid Atlantic District representatives are dedicated to meeting the unique requirements of private clients. We are proud of the successful performance on the following projects:
- Towers Crescent, Phase III, Building F in Vienna, Virginia
- Marriott Marquis Hotel in Washington, DC
- Potomac Town Center, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Hilton Baltimore Convention Center Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
- Mount Vernon Place Office Building, Washington, DC
- Johns Hopkins Research Center Laboratories in Dulles, Virginia
- Equinix Data Centers 5 & 6, Ashburn, Virginia
The district’s portfolio of more than $1.7 billion worth of projects for private clients were completed on-time, within budget, and to the owners/tenants complete satisfaction.
The district has completed more than $1 billion worth of work for public clients. This includes:
- the first public high school in the nation to achieve LEED Gold Certification, TC Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia;
- four projects for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, exceeding more than $250 million;
- preservation of the historic District of Columbia Court of Appeals in Washington, DC;
- and Spotsylvania County’s first design-build project, the Spotsylvania County Circuit Court & Public Safety Building in Spotsylvania, Virginia.
No matter the type of project, Hensel Phelps representatives are focused on meeting client needs.
For new business opportunities
Michael J. Choutka, Chief Operating Officer
William A. Thompson III., DBIA, STS, Mid Atlantic District Manager & Vice President
Sarah Forrest, Chief Estimator
Brad Rundquist, Chief Estimator
Brad Lewis, Director of District Diversity
Your Local Office
4437 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Suite 207
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Plan with Ingenuity.
Every project is as important to us as it is to our clients, and they all begin with understanding your goals. Our highly trained teams are selected specifically for each client, so they can best apply their ingenuity to solve problems creatively during planning, the most critical phase of production.Learn More
Build with Integrity.
Our commitment to building lasting partnerships from genuine relationships is the hallmark of everything we do. Enduring relationships with our clients happen because we deliver value, with integrity, proven processes and open communication throughout every phase of construction.Learn More
Manage with Assurance.
At the heart of our business is an integrated building solution that extends from project inception into the future. Our commitment to you doesn’t stop after a project is completed – we’ll be there to support you for the life of your facility.Learn More