Hensel Phelps Build - Construction Services
World Class Leadership
Hensel Phelps employs a proven management process that we have established over more than three-quarters of a century creating landmark buildings for our clients. Incorporating our experience and insight, as we work with the various teams, results in our ability to provide the most efficient building systems and solutions for our clients. We are world-class providers of all aspects of construction services, and we are leaders in how we apply our use of knowledge, experience, innovation and technology via Building Information Management (BIM), as well as our commitment to Safety, and our extensive and comprehensive Quality Control Process.
Building Information Management (BIM)
Our philosophy is to apply technology in ways that enhance our ability to deliver projects faster, more cost effectively and with a greater level of quality. Starting in preconstruction, we use BIM to visualize the work, quantify the scope and schedule the construction activities.
The technology is carried into the field where timely model information management help our field personnel get it right the first time through coordination of the building systems, prefabrication, efficient processing of shop drawings and RFIs, and quality control. Paperless technology and mobile devices allow us to instantly access the model in the field, enhancing quality, cost management and expediency.
BIM has many applications and we at Hensel Phelps expand the concept of virtual design and construction, utilizing it in four areas:
- Use of the model as a building analytical tool for engineering and construction analysis applications early in the development of the design and construction work plan
- Generation of and production of the building design information for pricing, permitting and construction documents
- Creation of the Building Assembly Model for coordination, constructability, prefabrication and field operations
- Development of a record model that can be used by the owner or building operator for building systems optimization and operations during warranty and facilities management during the life of the building.
Quality Control Process
Hensel Phelps’ high standards for quality are achieved through continual, open communication with the client and the Design team by implementing a comprehensive Quality Control (QC) Program that provides the roadmap for the project and includes the following key elements:
- An integrated Construction Quality Control (CQC) Organization trained to implement and manage the process
- A Design Quality Assurance Process implemented as part of the pre-construction phase to ensure complete and coordinated design documents prior to issuing bid packages
- A site-specific Quality Control Plan built around Hensel Phelps’ Corporate Plan, but tailored to address the specific needs and requirements of this project.
- A proactive, quality process, which contains six control steps, designed to ensure that the work is done right the first time.
- A Quality Process Log (QPL), which monitors the status of each definable feature of work.
- Standardized procedures for documenting and tracking testing, inspections, deficiencies, and as-built conditions.
- A Commissioning Process that verifies that all systems operate in accordance with the design intent.
Our Zero-Accident Safety Culture
Hensel Phelps employs an outstanding safety incentive plan involving every employee at every level to truly “rally the troops” and keep everyone motivated to work as safely as they can. Safety planning is an important consideration during the design process with a focus on both construction safety and the safety of the future client operations and maintenance personnel.
In support of this zero-accident safety culture, Hensel Phelps manages safety proactively utilizing our proprietary Safety Accountability for Everyone (S.A.F.E.) program, performing regular safety audits, daily safety task assignments (STA), and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for each definable feature of work. We use the building information model to visually analyze potential safety issues virtually, resolving them before they manifest themselves in the field.
Our project controls, developed over decades of experience, are utilized to monitor the safety performance on the project and assign responsibility for the site-specific programs.
- Construction Services
- Building Information Modeling
- Self-performing concrete
- Quality control
- Safety management
- LEED project registration
- Sustainability audits
- Construction waste management
- Subcontractor management
- Status reporting
- Change management
- Indoor Air Quality
Hensel Phelps Build Experience
Build with Integrity.
Our commitment to building lasting partnerships from genuine relationships is the hallmark of everything we do. Enduring relationships with our clients happen because we deliver value, with integrity, proven processes and open communication throughout every phase of construction.Learn More
The HENSEL PHELPS Way
People, Process, Partnership and Technology, our clients call this The Hensel Phelps Way. Our collaborative approach, with proven processes, innovative technology and effective communication, allows us to deliver exceptional service at every stage of the life of a facility.Learn More
Introduction to HENSEL PHELPS
Discover Hensel Phelps' culture and services, and how we apply our expertise, experience and ingenuity for our clients.Learn More
July 21, 2016
Hensel Phelps Successfully Moves Historic Structure in Washington, D.C.
After months of detailed planning, the Hensel Phelps project team at the Columbia Place/Square 369 project site, located adjacent to the Washington Convention Center in the heart of the District of Columbia, geared up for an exciting start to the day — the relocation of the historic structure at 911 L Street!Learn More
July 9, 2016
Hilton Grand Islander Project Tops Out
On June 23, 2016, Hensel Phelps’ Hilton Grand Islander project commemorated the topping out of the 38-story concrete structure.Learn More